Lhokha(Shannan) is the birthplace for Tibetan people and culture where the first palace in Tibetan history, Yungbulakang Palace, is built, the first monastery, Trandruk Temple, is stood and first king, Nyatri Sanpo, was borned. It borders India and Bhutan to the south and southwest. Here you can feel the original Tibetan culture and customs.
Highlights of Lhokha
▪ Yungbulakang Palace: the first palace in Tibetan history with a long history of more than 2100 years.
▪ Lake Yamdrok: Lake Yamdrok, Lake Manasorovar and Lake Namtso are the three holy lake in Tibet.
▪ Trandruk Temple: the first monastery in Tibetan history that belongs to Gelug sector.
▪ Samye Temple: The famous murals in Samye Temple record the historical affairs of the introduction of Buddhism and many buddhist stories.
▪ Mindroling Monastery: an important monastery for studying the history and doctrines of Nyingma sector, a sector that focus on astronomy and calendar.
Festivals and Events
Useful MapsView more Lhoka maps >>
Other Popular Destinations in China
China is vast and diverse. You can choose your favorite destination among more than 70 tourist destination and regions. Following are 4 popular destinations you may get interested in. Check all destinations in China